Merapi spews lava, eruption worries ease
The Jakarta Post
Mount Merapi spewed lava along and sent hot ash clouds down its slopes Friday, easing pressure inside the volcano and making another big eruption less likely.
Volcanology and Geological Disaster Mitigation Center (PVMBG) chief Surono said Friday that volcanic activity should decrease following the release of lava.
However, the volcano’s status remains on high alert and the area rem...
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Indonesian hard-liners again turn up heat on Ahmadis
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Iraq hopes to reclaim heritage lost to Islamic State group
- Official Jakarta election results to be announced Sunday
- Plan to execute death row inmates still on: AGO
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Obama returns to Broadway to see Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Jokowi warns investment board to keep rivalry mindset, speed