Merapi spews lava, eruption worries ease
The Jakarta Post
Mount Merapi spewed lava along and sent hot ash clouds down its slopes Friday, easing pressure inside the volcano and making another big eruption less likely.
Volcanology and Geological Disaster Mitigation Center (PVMBG) chief Surono said Friday that volcanic activity should decrease following the release of lava.
However, the volcano’s status remains on high alert and the area rem...
- Taipei guide: Four places where fireflies light up the night sky
- Six Singaporean military personnel deported after Batam raid
- Bali declared world's top destination for 2017
- Duterte says he can be 50 times more brutal than terrorists
- Norwegian man caught stealing iPhone at Garuda lounge
- Nearing 100-day mark, Trump says milestone not 'meaningful'
- Kanye West, adidas announce launch of newest Yeezy sneakers
- The sad saga of North Korea's ATMs
- Anies refuses to talk about programs until official election result
- French stocks soar to near-decade highs as Macron tops poll