Merapi spews lava, eruption worries ease
The Jakarta Post
Mount Merapi spewed lava along and sent hot ash clouds down its slopes Friday, easing pressure inside the volcano and making another big eruption less likely.
Volcanology and Geological Disaster Mitigation Center (PVMBG) chief Surono said Friday that volcanic activity should decrease following the release of lava.
However, the volcano’s status remains on high alert and the area rem...
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Government praises Mitsubishi for exporting 21,000 Xpander vehicles
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- Most boats in Thousand Islands unsafe: Committee
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape
- Meghan Markle ties the knot -- but not with Prince Harry
- Vice President Kalla promises shelter for Rohingya refugees in Aceh