Merapi spews lava, eruption worries ease
The Jakarta Post
Mount Merapi spewed lava along and sent hot ash clouds down its slopes Friday, easing pressure inside the volcano and making another big eruption less likely.
Volcanology and Geological Disaster Mitigation Center (PVMBG) chief Surono said Friday that volcanic activity should decrease following the release of lava.
However, the volcano’s status remains on high alert and the area rem...
- BI, government team up to control inflation
- Indonesia seeks immediate return of two fishermen released by Abu Sayyaf
- ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ actor Jun Tae-soo dies
- US Defense Secretary Mattis holds meeting with Retno
- Trial resumes of Kim Jong-Nam murder suspects
- 'Angkot' drivers protest Tanah Abang street closure
- Pence set for warm Israeli welcome, Palestinian snub
- City plans to build permanent bridges in South Jakarta
- Volcano rains ash on Philippines as experts warn of violent eruption
- Jakarta Composite Index hits 6,500 on Monday