A lack of rationality caused deaths, says SBY
Erwida Maulia and Slamet Susanto
The Jakarta Post
Most of the fatalities in Mount Merapi’s recent string of violent eruptions could have been avoided if the people living on the slopes of the mountain had thought rationally and followed the government’s warnings, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono says.Since it started erupting last Tuesday, the world’s most active volcano has killed 38 people and injured scores more.“If only our people h...
- The life lessons of ‘Goblin'
- Theater show about Maluku's Run Island to be performed in New York
- Domestic finance won't cost the Earth
- Mercedes-Benz begins local assembly of CKD E-Class
- Mother of deceased UII student files police report over alleged bullying
- No Thousand Islands resident listening took offense: Ahok's cameraman
- Newly-wedded Korean idols Rain, Kim Tae Hee arrive in Bali for honeymoon
- Eyewitness refuses to conclude Ahok committed blasphemy
- Experts weigh in on the right amount of sleep
- PLN gives Pertamina more time in Java 1 project