Latest Merapi eruption largest yet, nearly exceeds danger zone
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Mount Merapi erupted again Wednesday in the biggest volcanic blast yet, expulsing hot clouds of ash 9 kilometers from its crater and sending residents fleeing in panic.The Wednesday eruption prompted authorities to expand the danger zone to a 15-kilometer radius from the mountain’s crater, from the previous 10 kilometers, and to close at least three shelters.The conditions on the ground were wor...
- Jokowi orders police to gun down foreign drug traffickers
- Justin Bieber's Indonesia concert rumors heat up following media reports
- Bumi subsidiary to gain big from NFC deal: Analyst
- Indonesia condemns Israeli crackdown on holy mosque
- Pertamina pledges firm actions against ‘recalcitrant’ LPG distributors
- Private investors called on to help supply electricity to villages
- Dali's trademark moustache intact at '10 past 10'
- Waste bank gives Cengkareng residents extra income
- High-tech mystery: Is a Facebook phone in the works?
- Bieber not welcome thanks to 'bad behavior': Beijing authorities