Latest Merapi eruption largest yet, nearly exceeds danger zone
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Mount Merapi erupted again Wednesday in the biggest volcanic blast yet, expulsing hot clouds of ash 9 kilometers from its crater and sending residents fleeing in panic.The Wednesday eruption prompted authorities to expand the danger zone to a 15-kilometer radius from the mountain’s crater, from the previous 10 kilometers, and to close at least three shelters.The conditions on the ground were wor...
- Australian arrested for alleged street assault
- What makes Bali hotels so popular among luxury travelers?
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 2018 regional elections: The basics
- Why West Java election matters to Jokowi, Prabowo
- How to get discounted airline tickets outside of travel fairs
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Flights, sea voyages safe despite Anak Krakatau eruption: Official