Latest Merapi eruption largest yet, nearly exceeds danger zone
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Mount Merapi erupted again Wednesday in the biggest volcanic blast yet, expulsing hot clouds of ash 9 kilometers from its crater and sending residents fleeing in panic.The Wednesday eruption prompted authorities to expand the danger zone to a 15-kilometer radius from the mountain’s crater, from the previous 10 kilometers, and to close at least three shelters.The conditions on the ground were wor...
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Porsche Centre Jakarta: The best place to take care of your luxury cars
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Organic farmers use natural seedling 'pots for higher yields
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Indonesia to hand over 2m ha of forest land to locals: Minister
- Could the Swedish trend of ‘plogging’ help you get fit in 2018?
- Depok on alert after latest diphtheria casualty