Schlock and horror: The festival of cheap thrills
PREMIUM A cursory glance at the Indonesia International Fantastic Film Festival told me to be afraid — to be very afraid. One suspected rivers of blood, unfathomable non-sequiturs in plot and dialogue and dubious attempts to flout cinematic convention.Thankfully, all of these expectations were met — perhaps even exceeded — with unabashed aplomb at this year’s festival. It was an unbridled go...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Australian archbishop guilty of concealing child sex abuse
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Five dead in India from Nipah virus, dozens quarantined
- Displaced for different beliefs