Schlock and horror: The festival of cheap thrills
PREMIUM A cursory glance at the Indonesia International Fantastic Film Festival told me to be afraid — to be very afraid. One suspected rivers of blood, unfathomable non-sequiturs in plot and dialogue and dubious attempts to flout cinematic convention.Thankfully, all of these expectations were met — perhaps even exceeded — with unabashed aplomb at this year’s festival. It was an unbridled go...
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Does playing action video games change your brain?
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- US wants no mention of `Climate Change' in new Nafta
- All work and no play leads to burnout, says new study
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president