What to become of native Betawi culture?
The Jakarta Post
An expert on local culture, Yasmine Zaky Shahab of the University of Indonesia, said that currently the native Betawi culture did not only belong to the natives of the city, but “immigrants” who had adopted it.
- BREAKING NEWS: Explosions hit East Jakarta
- BREAKING NEWS: Eyewitness hears "two explosions" erupt in East Jakarta
- BREAKING NEWS: Police say explosions a suicide bombing
- Chaos erupts after suspected bomb blasts strike Kampung Melayu bus terminal
- BREAKING NEWS: Suicide bomber, policeman killed in Kampung Melayu attack: Police
- Light cigarettes linked to specific form of lung cancer
- EDITORIAL: In step with the Nazis?
- Ahok resigns as Jakarta governor
- Ahok, sex, and a ghost story of democracy
- Portrait of Myanmar's 'Buddhist Bin Laden' chills Cannes