World in dire need of action on climate change
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
A resident of Lesotho, a sub-Saharan African country, Bruno Sekoli, could not hide his frustration with the slow progress in climate talks here.
Sekoli, the chair of the least developed countries in the Cancun talks, expressed frustration with “repeated statements” that suggested the negotiating parties had “no intention” of moving on, despite numerous studies showing increased thre...
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- 2 killed, 7 injured in Java quake: Agency
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles