Tackling the tough questions
The Jakarta Post
Mother, daughter fight: Siti Chomsatun (left) and her daughter Leila Zenastry seek justice for hospital mistreatment that resulted in Siti almost losing her voice. Courtesy of Gambar BergerakIn Indonesia’s patriarchal society, women rarely get opportunities to play a central role in any sector of life.
Society has historically undermined their existence, treating them as second-rate citiz...
- Ahok faces threats in Cipinang prison: Warden
- Prosecutors in e-ID case demand former Home Ministry officials be jailed
- How embargo affects Qatar investment in Indonesia
- Two Bali foreign inmates caught in Timor Leste
- House inquiry team to meet National Police to ‘straighten things out’
- East Jakarta robbery gang well managed: Police
- Beijing's new mega airport will challenge Air China's dominance
- Bank Indonesia sets chip technology standard for ATMs, debit cards
- Police question witnesses following Kerobokan prison escape
- Police to make sketch of Novel Baswedan attacker