Tackling the tough questions
The Jakarta Post
Mother, daughter fight: Siti Chomsatun (left) and her daughter Leila Zenastry seek justice for hospital mistreatment that resulted in Siti almost losing her voice. Courtesy of Gambar BergerakIn Indonesia’s patriarchal society, women rarely get opportunities to play a central role in any sector of life.
Society has historically undermined their existence, treating them as second-rate citiz...
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Suharto's youngest son in new push to get into Indonesian politics
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- Rohingya returnees won't be kept in camps 'forever': Myanmar official