Tackling the tough questions
The Jakarta Post
Mother, daughter fight: Siti Chomsatun (left) and her daughter Leila Zenastry seek justice for hospital mistreatment that resulted in Siti almost losing her voice. Courtesy of Gambar BergerakIn Indonesia’s patriarchal society, women rarely get opportunities to play a central role in any sector of life.
Society has historically undermined their existence, treating them as second-rate citiz...
- Indonesia ready for Freeport tribunal
- Muslim group promises no violence at anti-Ahok rally
- Freeport gives government four months to negotiate new settlement
- Indonesia's tough stance causes headache for tuna exporters
- Police terminate investigation into UI lecturer’s alleged blasphemy
- Police to investigate North Korean restaurant on spy activity
- Jakarta Police to deploy 10,000 personnel to anti-Ahok rally
- Millenials ask Jokowi questions, their way
- Government may need to borrow for certain spending: Sri Mulyani
- Police remain vigilant in areas with tight election margins