Editorial: Welcome LPI
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Starting today, soccer fans nationwide will have an alternative league with the kick-off of the Indonesian Premier League (LPI) at Manahan Stadium in the Central Java city of Surakarta, featuring host Solo FC and star-studded Persema Malang. The competition has sparked controversy, with the Indonesian Football Association (PSSI) branding the new professional league fielding 19 clubs as illegal bec...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Australian archbishop guilty of concealing child sex abuse
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror