Graft-suspect incumbent sworn in as Tomohon mayor
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
The government has sworn in North Sulawesi’s incumbent Tomohon Mayor Jefferson SM Rumajar to serve a second term, despite that he is a defendant in a graft case.
Jefferson is being detained at the Cipinang Penitentiary in Jakarta for the duration of his trial at the Jakarta Corruption Court.
Jefferson, a Golkar Party politician, said in his swearing-in speech that he would behave r...
- LNG import is a cheaper option: Luhut
- EDITORIAL: Strangers of the same race
- PAN may endorse Zulkifli to run in 2019 presidential poll
- Escaped Malaysian prisoner believed to be in home country: Bali Police
- Airport train to start operating in November
- Bank Mayapada to issue Rp 750 billion in bonds
- Jember airport development kicks off
- Model urges Kendari mayor to apologize for defaming her
- Court orders First Travel to repay customers
- 2018 state budget: Toward more inclusive growth?