Graft-suspect incumbent sworn in as Tomohon mayor
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
The government has sworn in North Sulawesi’s incumbent Tomohon Mayor Jefferson SM Rumajar to serve a second term, despite that he is a defendant in a graft case.
Jefferson is being detained at the Cipinang Penitentiary in Jakarta for the duration of his trial at the Jakarta Corruption Court.
Jefferson, a Golkar Party politician, said in his swearing-in speech that he would behave r...
- Thousands protest in Jakarta against Trump's Jerusalem move
- Indonesia seeks to impose import duties on intangible goods
- "Where are the trees?," Jokowi slams green programs
- Major recall of Lactalis baby milk over salmonella fears
- Indonesia to voice developmental concerns at WTO conference
- Lippo to hold rights issue in first quarter of 2018
- Indika completes acquisition of Kideco
- Potatoes for peace: how the humble tuber stopped conflict in Europe
- Saudi Arabia hails Iraq victory over IS
- Israel minister calls for boycott of Arab area after riot