Graft-suspect incumbent sworn in as Tomohon mayor
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
The government has sworn in North Sulawesi’s incumbent Tomohon Mayor Jefferson SM Rumajar to serve a second term, despite that he is a defendant in a graft case.
Jefferson is being detained at the Cipinang Penitentiary in Jakarta for the duration of his trial at the Jakarta Corruption Court.
Jefferson, a Golkar Party politician, said in his swearing-in speech that he would behave r...
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Modi talks tough on separatists after meeting Trudeau
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- Dangdut legend Elvi Sukaesih set to receive police summons for her children’s alleged drug abuse