Graft-suspect incumbent sworn in as Tomohon mayor
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
The government has sworn in North Sulawesi’s incumbent Tomohon Mayor Jefferson SM Rumajar to serve a second term, despite that he is a defendant in a graft case.
Jefferson is being detained at the Cipinang Penitentiary in Jakarta for the duration of his trial at the Jakarta Corruption Court.
Jefferson, a Golkar Party politician, said in his swearing-in speech that he would behave r...
- Myanmar complies with int’l recommendations on Rohingya crisis: Suu Kyi
- And now, Indosat website hacked
- Ahok mania spreads far beyond Jakarta
- Rohingya crisis could affect ASEAN stability: Jokowi
- Jokowi, Suu Kyi discuss Rohingya crisis
- Wonderful Indonesia to participate in Malaysia International Dive Expo 2017
- Thousands of workers to join May Day rally in Jakarta
- KPK rebuffs House inquiry
- Jokowi campaigns for peace, stability on Korean Peninsula
- Campaign highlights importance of fish consumption