Graft-suspect incumbent sworn in as Tomohon mayor
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
The government has sworn in North Sulawesi’s incumbent Tomohon Mayor Jefferson SM Rumajar to serve a second term, despite that he is a defendant in a graft case.
Jefferson is being detained at the Cipinang Penitentiary in Jakarta for the duration of his trial at the Jakarta Corruption Court.
Jefferson, a Golkar Party politician, said in his swearing-in speech that he would behave r...
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest
- Government to crack down on fake supporters of Pancasila