Jakarta mulls constructing giant seawall
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Anticipating a worsening rate of land subsidence and rising sea levels, the Jakarta administration is considering a plan to construct a giant seawall surrounding the city’s northern coast.
Jakarta Governor Fauzi Bowo said Wednesday that a feasibility study on the project had been started in December and would be completed in two or three years.
“In 2025, we are expecting...
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash