SBY still pondering planned forest moratorium
The Jakarta Post
President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono was still studying the concept of a forest moratorium before signing a presidential instruction as a legal instrument to stop the conversion of forest areas. Forestry conversion in Indonesia still measures about 1 million hectare a year.
After a month-long delay, it remains unclear whether the forest moratorium would be imposed or not.
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- SEA Games: Indonesia beats Philippines 3-0
- Dangdut singer partners with Tourism Ministry to launch new cake brand
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- Jokowi inaugurates new Semanggi overpass on Independence Day
- SBY attends ceremony at State Palace
- Ten-year-old India rape victim gives birth to baby girl
- China gets tough on long, odd company names
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring