Venice Carnival: A tribute to women
Ruth Setio Nastiti
PREMIUM Mysterious eyes: Eyes wide shut volto mask that doesn’t allow the wearer to easily breath, talk or drink.This year’s annual bacchanal in Venicenot only feted the 150th anniversary of Italy’s unity, but also paid tribute to famous 19th-century heroines of the post-romantic era.Themed “Ottocento — da Senso a Sissi, la cità delle donne” (Nineteenth century — from Senso to Sissi, the c...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Australian archbishop guilty of concealing child sex abuse
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror