Ecosystem in Tamblingan, Buyan lakes threatened
Luh De Suriyani
I Wayan Suada, 53, rowed his boat slowly around dozens of roofs of inundated houses in Tamblingan Lake. Two girls also rowed a boat to pick flowers for religious offerings from the highest branch of a swamped tree in the lake.
At least 43 families lost their homes after the lake overflowed and flooded part of Tamblingan hamlet in Munduk village, Buleleng, for the past four months. &nbs...
- Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
- Snake eats human in Sulawesi, under pressure of deforestation: Expert
- EDITORIAL: Separating faith and state
- Indonesia, France talk about palm oil and aircraft industry
- Police ready to handle large anti-Ahok rally this week
- Fears for Indonesian park's rare species as Trump town rises
- Ahok's controversial speech not aimed at wooing voters: Expert
- Police call on protesters to stay away from election-related political issues
- West Nusa Tenggara governor named special envoy for breastfeeding
- Lion Air co-founder awarded Légion d'Honneur