Nia Dinata: Embracing freedom of expression
JP/J.B.DJWANIndonesian film maker, Nia Dinata is re-visiting her award winning 2003 film, Arisan (The Gathering) that opened the cupboard door on homosexuality in Indonesia.
Following calls for a sequel from fans over the past eight years, Dinata has reassembled the original cast and crew and the next Arisan catches up with the lives of its characters almost a decade on.
“I made th...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- China overtakes Indonesia as Singapore's top market for tourists
- SHORT STORY: Love as sweet as poison
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- AGO stops investigation into Grand Indonesia's alleged state losses
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business