Nia Dinata: Embracing freedom of expression
JP/J.B.DJWANIndonesian film maker, Nia Dinata is re-visiting her award winning 2003 film, Arisan (The Gathering) that opened the cupboard door on homosexuality in Indonesia.
Following calls for a sequel from fans over the past eight years, Dinata has reassembled the original cast and crew and the next Arisan catches up with the lives of its characters almost a decade on.
“I made th...
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Vice President Kalla promises shelter for Rohingya refugees in Aceh
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Disney delights 'Star Wars' devotees at CinemaCon
- EDITORIAL: Thank you for 35 years
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Foreign workers' regulation to improve investment climate: Minister
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers
- 'Handmaid's Tale' returns to television, darker and more chilling
- Anies urged to revoke land certificates used to claim Pari Island