Nia Dinata: Embracing freedom of expression
JP/J.B.DJWANIndonesian film maker, Nia Dinata is re-visiting her award winning 2003 film, Arisan (The Gathering) that opened the cupboard door on homosexuality in Indonesia.
Following calls for a sequel from fans over the past eight years, Dinata has reassembled the original cast and crew and the next Arisan catches up with the lives of its characters almost a decade on.
“I made th...
- Australian arrested for alleged street assault
- What makes Bali hotels so popular among luxury travelers?
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 2018 regional elections: The basics
- Why West Java election matters to Jokowi, Prabowo
- How to get discounted airline tickets outside of travel fairs
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Flights, sea voyages safe despite Anak Krakatau eruption: Official