Nia Dinata: Embracing freedom of expression
JP/J.B.DJWANIndonesian film maker, Nia Dinata is re-visiting her award winning 2003 film, Arisan (The Gathering) that opened the cupboard door on homosexuality in Indonesia.
Following calls for a sequel from fans over the past eight years, Dinata has reassembled the original cast and crew and the next Arisan catches up with the lives of its characters almost a decade on.
“I made th...
- All ASEAN countries but Indonesia ban cigarette advertising
- Two sisters commit suicide by jumping from apartment
- Thousands sign up for Bogor Palace tour
- PAN refuses to withdraw from Cabinet
- Fires burn 64 hectares of land in West Aceh
- Hundreds of 'ojek' drivers block South Jakarta road
- EDITORIAL: Children and social media
- China urges US to stop 'unfriendly' recon flights
- NTB creates task force to tackle garbage on Mt Rinjani
- Manulife aims to attract middle-upper class clients with new insurance product