The birthplace of Balinese Hinduism
The Jakarta Post
The ancient text Siwa Purana states that the Samuantiga temple was built during the reign of King Candrasangka, in ancient Bali.
Curiously, Candrasangka was never mentioned in any existing inscriptions issued from ancient kingdoms here.
Several scholars believed Candrasangka was the alias of Chandrabhayasingha Warmadewa, a 10th century king whose palace lied in Bedahulu, known as Be...
- Indonesia prepares company to manage Freeport
- Rihanna is named Harvard University Humanitarian of the Year
- Bandung terrorist suspect was 'recidivist': Police
- Freeport needs to stand up to Indonesia over the CoW issue
- NGO urges King Salman not to forget his promises to crane victims
- Indonesian woman shocked to find kidney had been removed after working in Qatar
- Philippine militants release video of German's beheading
- Anies, Ahok to face off in second round: KPU Jakarta
- Indonesia can embrace clean energy amid cheaper renewables, says UK climate envoy
- Bandung civil servants recount terror attack