Indonesia: Towards a one trillion dollar economy
Cyrillus Harinowo Hadiwerdoyo
Last year Indonesia celebrated a new milestone for its economy. The Indonesian GDP per capita breached US$3,000 in 2010, a threshold that for a long time had been the target of the Chinese government.
In China, its Communist Party’s annual congress in 2002 decided on a target of $3,000 GDP per capita in 2020. That target was reaffirmed by President Hu Jintao in a speech delivered at the ...
- Pharmaceutical industry grows by 7.5 percent to $5b
- Jokowi’s short meeting with Kendeng farmers ends in tears
- Indonesia urged to settle dispute amid Freeport workers' outcry
- Era of selling natural resources has ended: Jokowi
- State mining companies ready to take over Freeport
- Baby 'carrying baby' to undergo surgery at NTB hospital
- Ahok focuses on online campaign in second round
- KPK names Andi Narogong a suspect in e-ID graft case
- Prominent Indonesian journalist Ahmad Taufik dies
- One-fuel price policy to be implemented in more regions