New sharia index launched to boost liquidity, investor base
The Jakarta Post
The Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX) officially launched a new equities index on Thursday in a move expected to boost liquidity and widen the investor base amid a growing interest in equities in the world’s biggest Muslim-majority country.
The Indonesia Sharia Stock Index (ISSI), which comprises 214 Indonesian stocks, allows investors to buy stocks without violating Islamic investment guide...
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Costly holiday
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back