RI Sunni-Shia Council established
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: A gathering called the Indonesia Sunni and Shia Council (MUHSIN) was established Friday in Jakarta by the Indonesian Mosque Council (DMI) representing Sunni and the Indonesian Ahlul Bait Followers (IJABI) representing Shia Muslims.
“This council is the first in the world,” IJABI chair Jalaluddin Rahmat was quoted as saying by Antara news agency.
The council aims to hold ...
- Freeport seeks settlement
- Religious expert says Ahok's remarks blasphemous
- Hijab: A personal choice
- Jokowi criticizes Trade Ministry for lack of innovation
- NU cleric blames Ahok for unnecessary polemic by quoting Quran
- Indonesia’s GDP to reach $9.1 trillion by 2045: Jokowi
- Indonesia focuses on internal reform to enhance investment climate
- Business permits no longer need renewing as of today
- Preserving heritage with locals
- Malaysian detained for immigration violation