RI Sunni-Shia Council established
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: A gathering called the Indonesia Sunni and Shia Council (MUHSIN) was established Friday in Jakarta by the Indonesian Mosque Council (DMI) representing Sunni and the Indonesian Ahlul Bait Followers (IJABI) representing Shia Muslims.
“This council is the first in the world,” IJABI chair Jalaluddin Rahmat was quoted as saying by Antara news agency.
The council aims to hold ...
- Indonesia urged to settle dispute amid Freeport workers' outcry
- Era of selling natural resources has ended: Jokowi
- Pharmaceutical industry grows by 7.5 percent to $5b
- Ahok focuses on online campaign in second round
- KPK names Andi Narogong a suspect in e-ID graft case
- Baby 'carrying baby' to undergo surgery at NTB hospital
- State mining companies ready to take over Freeport
- Prominent Indonesian journalist Ahmad Taufik dies
- Jakarta gubernatorial candidates fight smear campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Jokowi’s short meeting with Kendeng farmers ends in tears