Navy shopping for new submarines
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: The Indonesian Military (TNI) said it was planning to purchase new submarines and had received offers from several countries, including Germany, France and South Korea.
“Russia also placed a bid but it was later disqualified because the submarines they were offering were too big and not suitable for an archipelagic country,” Navy Chief of Staff Admiral Soeparno was quoted as sa...
- Woman convicted of blasphemy for spreading 'misguided' Islamic teachings
- Most Indonesian museums non-operational: Official
- Djarot allows Idul Adha animal slaughtering at schools
- EDITORIAL: Gesture of unity
- Prambanan Jazz Festival apologizes for Afgan's stage mishap
- Jokowi forgives Malaysia over flag flop: spokesman
- 16,000 Indonesian islands registered at UN
- Indonesia, Freeport discuss tax issue: Minister
- Bandung unveils China Town tourism spot
- Central government certifies islets C and D