Navy shopping for new submarines
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: The Indonesian Military (TNI) said it was planning to purchase new submarines and had received offers from several countries, including Germany, France and South Korea.
“Russia also placed a bid but it was later disqualified because the submarines they were offering were too big and not suitable for an archipelagic country,” Navy Chief of Staff Admiral Soeparno was quoted as sa...
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- Florida cities are most at risk from climate change: Report