Navy shopping for new submarines
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: The Indonesian Military (TNI) said it was planning to purchase new submarines and had received offers from several countries, including Germany, France and South Korea.
“Russia also placed a bid but it was later disqualified because the submarines they were offering were too big and not suitable for an archipelagic country,” Navy Chief of Staff Admiral Soeparno was quoted as sa...
- Telkom to launch US$199.7m satellite in February
- Reports: Mark Zuckerberg to visit Indonesia to discuss fake news
- Jokowi installs new Air Force chief of staff
- Indonesia widens arms for refugees
- Nope, Lindsay Lohan didn’t convert to Islam
- Zoo defends conditions following video of sun bears begging for food
- FPI leader Rizieq Shihab to testify in Ahok’s hearing
- Indonesia to secure ownership of 111 islets
- Agus to prioritize dialogue in handling intolerant groups
- Activists apply for judicial review of relaxation of mineral export ban