Consumers feel pinch as beef prices go up
The Jakarta Post
Australia’s six-month ban on cattle exports may be considered a blessing to local players, but the sudden cut in a supply chain that contributes a significant slice of the cattle market has been a pain for consumers and shaken the country’s food sufficiency program, a minister said.
“Domestic cattle producers can only supply 70 percent of the annual national demand. Normally we import...
- Election bill passed, presidential threshold intact
- Demian's 'buried alive Judge Cuts act' YouTube Trending
- Collusion reappears between Jakarta Council, administration after Ahok’s departure: Expert
- Mahathir defends his treatment of Anwar in 1998
- ASEAN a success story of integration
- Election law should not exist: Expert
- Railway director general removed from office
- Philippine bank executive arrested for fraud
- White House spokesman, Trump legal aide quit as Russia probe deepens
- ‘Game of Thrones’ language course offered online, and for free