Teater Mandiri still going strong at 40
The Jakarta Post
Are we free yet? A man dies on the street. To where does the compassion disappear?
Sir, we have to stop sharpening the brains of our children. We have to sharpen their dull hearts!
These lines appear in a prologue delivered by poet Putu Wijaya at a play recently staged by Teater Mandiri as part of its 40th anniversary celebrations.
At the special event, the theater, which Put...
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song