Teater Mandiri still going strong at 40
The Jakarta Post
Are we free yet? A man dies on the street. To where does the compassion disappear?
Sir, we have to stop sharpening the brains of our children. We have to sharpen their dull hearts!
These lines appear in a prologue delivered by poet Putu Wijaya at a play recently staged by Teater Mandiri as part of its 40th anniversary celebrations.
At the special event, the theater, which Put...
- Locals bulldoze orangutan conservation forest area in East Kalimantan
- World Bank to offer blended financing for Indonesia
- Ubud listed among 'world's top 15 cities'
- Penyengat Island to focus on religious tourism
- World Bank advises Indonesia to push for reforms
- Jakarta Police welcome new chief
- Indonesia Instagram's biggest market in Asia Pacific
- Options prepared to reform Batam management
- The best airport in the world just got better
- Japan joins feasibility study for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Govt