Mt. Leuser National Park evictions on hold
The Jakarta Post
The eviction of people who have set up homes in Mount Leuser National Park (TNGL) in Langkat regency, North Sumatra, have been temporarily halted following a clash between locals and security officers on Monday.
TNGL agency head Andi Basrul said his office decided to suspend eviction efforts in an endeavor to restore order and create a conducive climate after the clash. “But we will soon ...
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Only 40 percent of Indonesians can afford to buy a house: Sri Mulyani
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year
- PLN expedites financial closure of Tanjung Jati B power plant expansion
- Barito Pacific secures $250 million loan to acquire Star Energy Group Holdings