New Army chief nixes nepotism claims, defends appointment
The Jakarta Post
President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono installed his brother-in-law Lt. Gen Pramono Edhie Wibowo as Army Chief of Staff on Thursday amid speculation that Yudhoyono’s Democratic Party will nominate Pramono for president in 2014.
“I will focus on developing the Indonesian Army professionally. Please support me,” Pramono told reporters when asked if he would run.
Change of command: Firs...
- Indonesia ready for Freeport tribunal
- Muslim group promises no violence at anti-Ahok rally
- Police to investigate North Korean restaurant on spy activity
- Freeport gives government four months to negotiate new settlement
- Police terminate investigation into UI lecturer’s alleged blasphemy
- Indonesia's tough stance causes headache for tuna exporters
- Jakarta Police to deploy 10,000 personnel to anti-Ahok rally
- Millenials ask Jokowi questions, their way
- Government may need to borrow for certain spending: Sri Mulyani
- Papuan football legend killed in house fire