New Army chief nixes nepotism claims, defends appointment
The Jakarta Post
President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono installed his brother-in-law Lt. Gen Pramono Edhie Wibowo as Army Chief of Staff on Thursday amid speculation that Yudhoyono’s Democratic Party will nominate Pramono for president in 2014.
“I will focus on developing the Indonesian Army professionally. Please support me,” Pramono told reporters when asked if he would run.
Change of command: Firs...
- Australian arrested for alleged street assault
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- How to get discounted airline tickets outside of travel fairs
- Flights, sea voyages safe despite Anak Krakatau eruption: Official
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- 10 best cities to study abroad
- Easy win for Ganjar in Central Java?