Promotion pressure fuels academic plagiarism
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Amid the country’s messy education system, the number of cases of plagiarism involving university lecturers is unlikely to abate. The Jakarta Post’s Hasyim Widhiarto explores the reasons why some lecturers steal from the works of others and how exactly works are plagiarized.Dion Eprijum Ginanto, 25, an English teacher at SMA I Batanghari state high school in Jambi, was at school when he receiv...
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- Woman in Banyumas killed by king cobra
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?