Spared from the sword, maid reunited with family
The Jakarta Post
Darsem binti Dawud arrived in Jakarta on Wednesday after a 10-hour flight from Saudi Arabia and was immediately taken to the Foreign Ministry while holding her 5-year-old son, Syafii.
Darsem, who was jailed for allegedly killing her employer in 2009, had not seen her son since her departure to work as a maid in Saudi Arabia in 2006.
The 25-year-old was sentenced to death on May 6, 2...
- It’s official, Idul Fitri is tomorrow
- Bali welcomes Barack Obama and family
- Malaysian PM to vacation in Bali after Obama
- Ahmadiyah mosque in Depok vandalized ahead of Idul Fitri
- Minister, MUI call for peaceful Idul Fitri sermons
- Jokowi to stay in Jakarta for Idul Fitri
- Passengers found using fake tickets for Idul Fitri ‘mudik’
- Surakarta terminal sees decline in bus passengers
- Food prices spike in Jakarta a day before Idul Fitri
- No merry Idul Fitri celebration for Ahmadiyah followers in Depok