Spared from the sword, maid reunited with family
The Jakarta Post
Darsem binti Dawud arrived in Jakarta on Wednesday after a 10-hour flight from Saudi Arabia and was immediately taken to the Foreign Ministry while holding her 5-year-old son, Syafii.
Darsem, who was jailed for allegedly killing her employer in 2009, had not seen her son since her departure to work as a maid in Saudi Arabia in 2006.
The 25-year-old was sentenced to death on May 6, 2...
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year
- PLN expedites financial closure of Tanjung Jati B power plant expansion
- Only 40 percent of Indonesians can afford to buy a house: Sri Mulyani