Spared from the sword, maid reunited with family
The Jakarta Post
Darsem binti Dawud arrived in Jakarta on Wednesday after a 10-hour flight from Saudi Arabia and was immediately taken to the Foreign Ministry while holding her 5-year-old son, Syafii.
Darsem, who was jailed for allegedly killing her employer in 2009, had not seen her son since her departure to work as a maid in Saudi Arabia in 2006.
The 25-year-old was sentenced to death on May 6, 2...
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- Florida cities are most at risk from climate change: Report