MUI issues fatwa against rogue mining companies
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
In a rare fatwa aimed at protecting the environment, the Indonesian Ulema Council (MUI) officially declared destructive mining operations as haram, or strictly forbidden, under Islamic law.
Under the edict that was signed on May 26 and announced on Wednesday, the MUI made it clear that mining companies are banned from denting both land and marine ecosystems; polluting water and air; destro...
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- Jakarta Police suspend detention of treason suspect Firza Husein
- FPI leader to testify against Ahok next week
- Police beef up security in Intan Jaya
- Grand launch of Kertajati Airport set for mid next year
- Banten administration questions slow progress of Serang-Panimbang toll road
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links
- Citilink’s first new Airbus A320neo arrives in Indonesia