Honorary degree for Saudi King draws fury
The Jakarta Post
University of Indonesia (UI) has come under a storm of protests for awarding an honorary doctorate to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, a leader whose commitment to human rights has been seriously questioned by labor activists.
The award came just two months after the beheading of Ruyati binti Satubi, an Indonesian maid who was convicted for murdering her employer — a crime she allegedly com...
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Court to hand down verdict in Setya’s e-ID graft case
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Rp 1 trillion invested through Bareksa digital investment portal
- Bali's youths in search of 1965 history
- Child beggar coordinators arrested in Depok
- In search of Indonesia's best-quality coffee
- Where's mum? Three bear cubs rescued in Bulgaria
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event