Bali must stop over- exploiting environment for tourism: Activists
The Jakarta Post
Bali’s environment is facing serious degradation due to over-exploitation by the tourist industry, according to activists.
Garbage, water scarcity, massive land conversions and traffic jams have increased due to the island’s inability to manage tourism, the activists agreed.
Wayan Suardana, a representative of the Indonesia Environmental Forum’s (Walhi) Bali chapter, said the p...
- Official turns mute about flourishing prostitution in his area
- Nearly 50,000 flee amid fears of Mt. Agung eruption
- Yogyakarta Indonesian Association Amusement Parks and Recreation meets with GenPI Yogyakarta
- Jokowi to visit Mt. Agung evacuees
- Nine airports prepared in anticipation of Mt. Agung eruption
- Mt. Agung's magma moves upward
- Mt. Agung eruption could be imminent: Agency
- Two Vietnamese fishermen dead in Philippine navy chase
- ASEAN endorses East Sea code proposal
- British actor Fiennes given Serbian passport