Bali must stop over- exploiting environment for tourism: Activists
The Jakarta Post
Bali’s environment is facing serious degradation due to over-exploitation by the tourist industry, according to activists.
Garbage, water scarcity, massive land conversions and traffic jams have increased due to the island’s inability to manage tourism, the activists agreed.
Wayan Suardana, a representative of the Indonesia Environmental Forum’s (Walhi) Bali chapter, said the p...
- Prosecutors to present more remarks by Ahok
- Harvard's digital photography course now available for free
- Jl. Fatmawati to be closed for 6 months
- FPI threatens to report Megawati to police for blasphemy
- Anti-Ahok sentiment helps ex-president's son take the lead: Survey
- Ahok’s lawyers refuse to continue hearing due to unscheduled witnesses
- Vision, mission ‘less important’ for Jakarta voters: Study
- House urged to take action against police's alleged bias
- World Bank projects higher growth for Indonesia, calls for better spending
- Women finally return home after forced work without pay