Bali must stop over- exploiting environment for tourism: Activists
The Jakarta Post
Bali’s environment is facing serious degradation due to over-exploitation by the tourist industry, according to activists.
Garbage, water scarcity, massive land conversions and traffic jams have increased due to the island’s inability to manage tourism, the activists agreed.
Wayan Suardana, a representative of the Indonesia Environmental Forum’s (Walhi) Bali chapter, said the p...
- Indonesia Instagram's biggest market in Asia Pacific
- World Bank advises Indonesia to push for reforms
- World Bank to offer blended financing for Indonesia
- Locals bulldoze orangutan conservation forest area in East Kalimantan
- Ubud listed among 'world's top 15 cities'
- Penyengat Island to focus on religious tourism
- Jakarta Police welcome new chief
- The best airport in the world just got better
- Options prepared to reform Batam management
- Japan joins feasibility study for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Govt