WikiLeaks: National Police funded FPI hard-liners
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
The National Police and the Islam Defenders Front (FPI) denied on Sunday allegations in leaked US diplomatic cables that say the hard-line Islamic group receives funding from the police.
Published on WikiLeaks’ website, the document said the police used the group as “an attack dog” and named several top brass as responsible for the funding.
National Police spokesman Sr. Comr. B...
- Freeport seeks settlement
- Religious expert says Ahok's remarks blasphemous
- Hijab: A personal choice
- Jokowi criticizes Trade Ministry for lack of innovation
- NU cleric blames Ahok for unnecessary polemic by quoting Quran
- Indonesia’s GDP to reach $9.1 trillion by 2045: Jokowi
- Indonesia focuses on internal reform to enhance investment climate
- Business permits no longer need renewing as of today
- Preserving heritage with locals
- Malaysian detained for immigration violation