WikiLeaks: National Police funded FPI hard-liners
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
The National Police and the Islam Defenders Front (FPI) denied on Sunday allegations in leaked US diplomatic cables that say the hard-line Islamic group receives funding from the police.
Published on WikiLeaks’ website, the document said the police used the group as “an attack dog” and named several top brass as responsible for the funding.
National Police spokesman Sr. Comr. B...
- G30S/PKI film is the correct version of history: Tommy Soeharto
- Residents near Mt. Agung begin to relocate their livestock
- Uber tops 500,000 signatures on petition to halt London ban
- Wiranto calms fear over weapon shipment rumor
- Keep calm and enjoy Bali: Tourism association
- Owner of Islamic matchmaking site arrested, charged under Pornography Law
- Thousands flee rumbling Mount Agung
- Gatot order on PKI film could create division: PDI-P
- New Zealand's English claims mandate to form government
- Singapore IS fighter challenges Prince Harry in video