WikiLeaks: National Police funded FPI hard-liners
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
The National Police and the Islam Defenders Front (FPI) denied on Sunday allegations in leaked US diplomatic cables that say the hard-line Islamic group receives funding from the police.
Published on WikiLeaks’ website, the document said the police used the group as “an attack dog” and named several top brass as responsible for the funding.
National Police spokesman Sr. Comr. B...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga