WikiLeaks: National Police funded FPI hard-liners
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
The National Police and the Islam Defenders Front (FPI) denied on Sunday allegations in leaked US diplomatic cables that say the hard-line Islamic group receives funding from the police.
Published on WikiLeaks’ website, the document said the police used the group as “an attack dog” and named several top brass as responsible for the funding.
National Police spokesman Sr. Comr. B...
- GenPI West Sumatra to host Siti Nurbaya Market
- Indonesia Tempeh Movement's Amadeus gives talk at Harvard Business School
- Indonesia, South Korea initiate plan to develop electric car battery
- Jokowi appoints Robert Pakpahan as new tax chief
- Drone flown over Mount Agung to detect volcanic activity
- Researchers spot interstellar visitor
- Don't be afraid to come to Bali: Minister
- 'Real Bali' as Western construct: Rethinking tourism's 'ruination' of Bali
- Anies invited to ‘anti-Ahok’ 212 Rally Alumni gathering
- Skype disappears from Chinese app stores in latest web crackdown