WikiLeaks: National Police funded FPI hard-liners
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
The National Police and the Islam Defenders Front (FPI) denied on Sunday allegations in leaked US diplomatic cables that say the hard-line Islamic group receives funding from the police.
Published on WikiLeaks’ website, the document said the police used the group as “an attack dog” and named several top brass as responsible for the funding.
National Police spokesman Sr. Comr. B...
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Modi talks tough on separatists after meeting Trudeau
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Kaum Jakarta named capital's restaurant of the year
- Dangdut legend Elvi Sukaesih set to receive police summons for her children’s alleged drug abuse
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting