WikiLeaks: National Police funded FPI hard-liners
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
The National Police and the Islam Defenders Front (FPI) denied on Sunday allegations in leaked US diplomatic cables that say the hard-line Islamic group receives funding from the police.
Published on WikiLeaks’ website, the document said the police used the group as “an attack dog” and named several top brass as responsible for the funding.
National Police spokesman Sr. Comr. B...
- Locals traumatized after farmer eaten by snake
- Apple’s first R&D center to operate in second quarter
- Riau Police dispatch personnel to secure 313 rally
- Money, personal grudge thought to be behind murder of Medan journalist
- KPU Jakarta head denies special relationship with Anies
- Thousands to hit capital for anti-Ahok rally on Friday
- Woman tries to bring bayonet into courtroom for Ahok trial
- Indonesia strengthens aerial reconnaissance for maritime security
- Indonesia-European trade talks on track; to conclude this year
- CLFD to launch maiden real estate project in Indonesia