10 radio stations in Batam banned for jeopardizing flight safety
The Jakarta Post
The Communications and Information Ministry, through the Batam office of the Satellite Orbit and Radio Frequency Monitoring Agency (Balmon), has banned 10 licensed private radio stations in Batam, Riau Islands, for impacting on flight safety at Changi Airport in Singapore and Hang Nadim Airport in Batam.
Two-hundred people have subsequently lost their jobs.
Agency head Muhammad Sopi...
- Ahok faces threats in Cipinang prison: Warden
- Prosecutors in e-ID case demand former Home Ministry officials be jailed
- How embargo affects Qatar investment in Indonesia
- East Jakarta robbery gang well managed: Police
- Bank Indonesia sets chip technology standard for ATMs, debit cards
- House inquiry team to meet National Police to ‘straighten things out’
- Batam, Yokohama to collaborate in urban development projects
- Two Bali foreign inmates caught in Timor Leste
- Police to make sketch of Novel Baswedan attacker
- Piaggio Indonesia poised strongly against Honda's challenge