10 radio stations in Batam banned for jeopardizing flight safety
The Jakarta Post
The Communications and Information Ministry, through the Batam office of the Satellite Orbit and Radio Frequency Monitoring Agency (Balmon), has banned 10 licensed private radio stations in Batam, Riau Islands, for impacting on flight safety at Changi Airport in Singapore and Hang Nadim Airport in Batam.
Two-hundred people have subsequently lost their jobs.
Agency head Muhammad Sopi...
- FPI protests ‘unfairness’ by West Java Police chief
- Police name 5 suspects in foiled plot to traffic illegal workers to Malaysia
- Agus-Sylvi leads in Jakarta election survey: Study
- Twitter suspends several FPI accounts
- Police promise to investigate Ciampea attack
- Police may investigate Sylviana on alleged mosque construction graft
- Indonesia pledges leeway for obedient miners
- Jokowi declines to comment on “Jokowi Undercover”
- Authorities finalize legal revisions to relax margin trading
- Training aircraft crashes in East Java injuring cadet