10 radio stations in Batam banned for jeopardizing flight safety
The Jakarta Post
The Communications and Information Ministry, through the Batam office of the Satellite Orbit and Radio Frequency Monitoring Agency (Balmon), has banned 10 licensed private radio stations in Batam, Riau Islands, for impacting on flight safety at Changi Airport in Singapore and Hang Nadim Airport in Batam.
Two-hundred people have subsequently lost their jobs.
Agency head Muhammad Sopi...
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- Jakarta Police suspend detention of treason suspect Firza Husein
- Police beef up security in Intan Jaya
- FPI leader to testify against Ahok next week
- Grand launch of Kertajati Airport set for mid next year
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links
- Banten administration questions slow progress of Serang-Panimbang toll road
- More than 50 companies express interest in Bontang oil refinery construction