Jakob Oetama: Transmitting thoughts
The Jakarta Post
On his 80th birthday today, Jakob Oetama can easily pass as an icon in many respects, ranging from journalism to entrepreneurship.
His reputation as a media mogul is firmly planted through one of the largest dailies in Indonesia, Kompas, with the Kompas Gramedia group having a wide business scope comprising printing, hospitality and, recently, television.
JP/Ricky YudhistiraJakob, the ...
- Don't be afraid to come to Bali: Minister
- GenPI West Sumatra to host Siti Nurbaya Market
- Indonesia Tempeh Movement's Amadeus gives talk at Harvard Business School
- Jokowi appoints Robert Pakpahan as new tax chief
- Indonesia, South Korea initiate plan to develop electric car battery
- Drone flown over Mount Agung to detect volcanic activity
- 'Real Bali' as Western construct: Rethinking tourism's 'ruination' of Bali
- Researchers spot interstellar visitor
- Anies invited to ‘anti-Ahok’ 212 Rally Alumni gathering
- How social media is polarizing politics