Parents take education by the horns
Novia D. Rulistia
The Jakarta Post
Hard life: Students at a private school in South Jakarta sit in a class. The punishing schedule applied by state schools has prompted parents to teach their children themselves or hire tutors at home. This homeschooling method gives children a chance to further explore their own interests. (JP/P.J. Leo)For 10-year-old Yudhistira Gowo Sumiaji, the freedom he gained by planning his own school schedu...
- Taipei guide: Four places where fireflies light up the night sky
- Duterte says he can be 50 times more brutal than terrorists
- Six Singaporean military personnel deported after Batam raid
- Bali declared world's top destination for 2017
- Norwegian man caught stealing iPhone at Garuda lounge
- Nearing 100-day mark, Trump says milestone not 'meaningful'
- The sad saga of North Korea's ATMs
- Kanye West, adidas announce launch of newest Yeezy sneakers
- French stocks soar to near-decade highs as Macron tops poll
- State lender BNI to open branch office in Melbourne