Parents take education by the horns
Novia D. Rulistia
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Hard life: Students at a private school in South Jakarta sit in a class. The punishing schedule applied by state schools has prompted parents to teach their children themselves or hire tutors at home. This homeschooling method gives children a chance to further explore their own interests. (JP/P.J. Leo)For 10-year-old Yudhistira Gowo Sumiaji, the freedom he gained by planning his own school schedu...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Prabowo's presidential bid hangs in the balance
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga