Police arrest text message fraudsters
Hans David Tampubolon
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Police have arrested a ring of six fraudsters who conducted scams using short text messages, causing one victim to lose Rp 126 million (US$14,165).
The suspects, who are currently inmates detained at Tanjung Gusta Penitentiary in Medan, North Sumatra, conducted their crime from prison after managing to smuggle in cellular phones, Jakarta Police cyber crime unit chief Adj. Sr. Comr....
- Indonesia urged to settle dispute amid Freeport workers' outcry
- Era of selling natural resources has ended: Jokowi
- Ahok focuses on online campaign in second round
- Prominent Indonesian journalist Ahmad Taufik dies
- Baby 'carrying baby' to undergo surgery at NTB hospital
- KPK names Andi Narogong a suspect in e-ID graft case
- Pharmaceutical industry grows by 7.5 percent to $5b
- State mining companies ready to take over Freeport
- Jokowi’s short meeting with Kendeng farmers ends in tears
- Jakarta gubernatorial candidates fight smear campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter