Police arrest text message fraudsters
Hans David Tampubolon
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Police have arrested a ring of six fraudsters who conducted scams using short text messages, causing one victim to lose Rp 126 million (US$14,165).
The suspects, who are currently inmates detained at Tanjung Gusta Penitentiary in Medan, North Sumatra, conducted their crime from prison after managing to smuggle in cellular phones, Jakarta Police cyber crime unit chief Adj. Sr. Comr....
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- Obama’s visit to boost Indonesia’s tourism
- Bumi Resources finally obtains effective statement to restructure debt
- Police to question media mogul Hary Tanoe as suspect in alleged threat against prosecutor
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali