Ex-graft defendant oversees graft cases
The Jakarta Post
The nation’s antigraft community raised a collective eyebrow at an ex-graft defendant being made a judge in corruption cases in a regional court.
Ramlan Comel, the only ad hoc corruption judge on the Bandung court panel which controversially acquitted Bekasi Mayor Mochtar Mohamad on Tuesday, was a defendant in a bribery case and indeed was found guilty of corruption in 2005.
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- 2 killed, 7 injured in Java quake: Agency
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles