Ex-graft defendant oversees graft cases
The Jakarta Post
The nation’s antigraft community raised a collective eyebrow at an ex-graft defendant being made a judge in corruption cases in a regional court.
Ramlan Comel, the only ad hoc corruption judge on the Bandung court panel which controversially acquitted Bekasi Mayor Mochtar Mohamad on Tuesday, was a defendant in a bribery case and indeed was found guilty of corruption in 2005.
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Australian archbishop guilty of concealing child sex abuse
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Five dead in India from Nipah virus, dozens quarantined