Freeport halts work amid sabotage, separatist pleas
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
The local division of US gold and copper giant Freeport McMoran, halted mining operations in Papua on Monday, amid a strike that has led to a deteriorating security situation and intensified calls for independence.
PT Freeport Indonesia froze the operation of its Grasberg open pit mine and its deep ore zone mining facility due to sabotage and security concerns, following road blocks set up...
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Indonesian hard-liners again turn up heat on Ahmadis
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Official Jakarta election results to be announced Sunday
- Iraq hopes to reclaim heritage lost to Islamic State group
- Obama returns to Broadway to see Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Plan to execute death row inmates still on: AGO
- Bogor Botanical Gardens holds waste festival