Freeport halts work amid sabotage, separatist pleas
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
The local division of US gold and copper giant Freeport McMoran, halted mining operations in Papua on Monday, amid a strike that has led to a deteriorating security situation and intensified calls for independence.
PT Freeport Indonesia froze the operation of its Grasberg open pit mine and its deep ore zone mining facility due to sabotage and security concerns, following road blocks set up...
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Cuba to get ready for same sex marriage: Castro daughter
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Civilian appointed as temporary N. Sumatra governor