Freeport halts work amid sabotage, separatist pleas
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
The local division of US gold and copper giant Freeport McMoran, halted mining operations in Papua on Monday, amid a strike that has led to a deteriorating security situation and intensified calls for independence.
PT Freeport Indonesia froze the operation of its Grasberg open pit mine and its deep ore zone mining facility due to sabotage and security concerns, following road blocks set up...
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- Jambi tribes may not be able to vote in upcoming elections
- Video of Malaysian PM Mahathir driving Proton Perdana goes viral
- Police nab ‘conspiracy theorists’ following Surabaya bombings