Is film censorship necessary?
The Jakarta Post
A scene from the movie ?. Courtesy of Mahaka PicturesIndonesian filmmakers have always faced the threat of censorship, whether under the Old Order, the New Order or the Reform era.
All films, Indonesian or foreign, go to the Film Censorship Board (LSF) before they are screened in local cinemas. However, in addition to the LSF — the nation’s official film censor — there has been pressu...
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Indonesian hard-liners again turn up heat on Ahmadis
- Plan to execute death row inmates still on: AGO
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Iraq hopes to reclaim heritage lost to Islamic State group
- Official Jakarta election results to be announced Sunday
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Obama returns to Broadway to see Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Jokowi warns investment board to keep rivalry mindset, speed