Is film censorship necessary?
The Jakarta Post
A scene from the movie ?. Courtesy of Mahaka PicturesIndonesian filmmakers have always faced the threat of censorship, whether under the Old Order, the New Order or the Reform era.
All films, Indonesian or foreign, go to the Film Censorship Board (LSF) before they are screened in local cinemas. However, in addition to the LSF — the nation’s official film censor — there has been pressu...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- Three witnesses to be questioned in ex-Garuda boss' bribery case
- SHORT STORY: Love as sweet as poison
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- Deputy gubernatorial candidate notes error in police summons