Is film censorship necessary?
The Jakarta Post
A scene from the movie ?. Courtesy of Mahaka PicturesIndonesian filmmakers have always faced the threat of censorship, whether under the Old Order, the New Order or the Reform era.
All films, Indonesian or foreign, go to the Film Censorship Board (LSF) before they are screened in local cinemas. However, in addition to the LSF — the nation’s official film censor — there has been pressu...
- Depok men arrested for allegedly uploading sex video
- 8.2 magnitude quake hits off coast of Alaska: USGS
- Jakarta Planetarium to host public lunar eclipse observation on Jan 31
- BREAKING: Strong 6.4 earthquake hits Banten, no tsunami warning
- Earthquake leads to traffic jams in Jakarta
- Defector soldier 'committed murder in North Korea': report
- Jokowi criticizes regions for lengthy business permit issuance
- BI to punish payment service providers using Bitcoin
- Jonghyun's last album released posthumously
- Hundreds of houses damaged by Lebak earthquake