Is film censorship necessary?
The Jakarta Post
A scene from the movie ?. Courtesy of Mahaka PicturesIndonesian filmmakers have always faced the threat of censorship, whether under the Old Order, the New Order or the Reform era.
All films, Indonesian or foreign, go to the Film Censorship Board (LSF) before they are screened in local cinemas. However, in addition to the LSF — the nation’s official film censor — there has been pressu...
- AccorHotels to operate 200 hotels in Indonesia by 2020
- Churchgoers perform service amid rally in Cikarang
- Hate speech clouds Indonesia's internet in 2016: Police
- More Cipinang inmates transferred to Nusakambangan
- Jakarta Police chief visits Santa Clara Church construction site
- Govt goes extra mile to accelerate land distribution
- The trouble with pedophiles in Indonesia
- Indonesia's Daud Yordan beats Thai boxer in 2nd round of non-title bout
- Soccer fan brawl in Tangerang, one death
- Depok aims to certify 500 land plots