Is film censorship necessary?
The Jakarta Post
A scene from the movie ?. Courtesy of Mahaka PicturesIndonesian filmmakers have always faced the threat of censorship, whether under the Old Order, the New Order or the Reform era.
All films, Indonesian or foreign, go to the Film Censorship Board (LSF) before they are screened in local cinemas. However, in addition to the LSF — the nation’s official film censor — there has been pressu...
- PLN has signed contracts for power plants to generate 31,000 MW
- Anies, Sandiaga leave town
- Journalist named suspect over traffic accident involving Setya Novanto
- 'Despacito' sweeps Latin Grammys -- and heads to Asia
- Hundreds of residents escorted out of besieged Papuan villages
- Jokowi orders Setya to obey law
- Album Review: 'Reputation' by Taylor Swift
- Jakarta least tolerant city in Indonesia: human rights group
- Minister gives taxpayers another chance to declare hidden wealth
- Pertamina says fuel prices need to be increased