Is film censorship necessary?
The Jakarta Post
A scene from the movie ?. Courtesy of Mahaka PicturesIndonesian filmmakers have always faced the threat of censorship, whether under the Old Order, the New Order or the Reform era.
All films, Indonesian or foreign, go to the Film Censorship Board (LSF) before they are screened in local cinemas. However, in addition to the LSF — the nation’s official film censor — there has been pressu...
- Riau tourism ambassadors to be crowned at Bujang Dara Riau 2017 pageant
- Susi reminds Central Java fishermen to stop using 'cantrang'
- How to avoid paying exorbitant import taxes on goods bought abroad
- Consider peacekeeping operations in Myanmar
- Ancol to go cashless
- Angelina Jolie's Cambodian genocide film deserves to be watched
- Muhammadiyah sends aid team for Rohingya
- Google executive downplays AI’s possible threat to mankind
- Minister slams F&B firms for objecting to sugar auction plan
- Eliminating illegal parking at GBK needs PPKGBK approval