The Jakarta Post
The highly acclaimed Indonesian novel Ronggeng Dukuh Paruk (The Dancer from Paruk Village) tells the life and love of a traditional dancer. Penned by Ahmad Tohari, it was made into a film titled Darah dan Mahkota Ronggeng (The Blood and Crown of A Dancer) in 1983.
Courtesy of Salto FilmsDirected by Yazman Yazid and starring Ray Sahetapy and Enny Beatrice, the film received harsh criticism becau...
- Three dead, 20 injured in pileup in Puncak
- Italian woman saves money for 2 years to marry Indonesian villager
- Arrested Chinese ship flees Navy guard
- Interpol-listed fugitive arrested in Bali to be deported soon
- House urged to immediately pass election bill into law
- Vocational education key to competing globally: Minister
- Silicon Valley's $400 juicer may be feeling the squeeze
- Police shooting victims treated at Mimika Hospital
- Govt launches vocational education program for C. Java, Yogyakarta
- Remittances to developing countries fall in 2016, Indonesia worse