The Jakarta Post
The highly acclaimed Indonesian novel Ronggeng Dukuh Paruk (The Dancer from Paruk Village) tells the life and love of a traditional dancer. Penned by Ahmad Tohari, it was made into a film titled Darah dan Mahkota Ronggeng (The Blood and Crown of A Dancer) in 1983.
Courtesy of Salto FilmsDirected by Yazman Yazid and starring Ray Sahetapy and Enny Beatrice, the film received harsh criticism becau...
- Ahok's wife joins Twilite Orchestra practice session, plays cello
- Police fire tear gas at Bekasi church protestors
- IN MEMORIAM: Legendary journalist Ahmad Taufik dies at 51
- Indonesia stops meat imports from Brazil
- Indonesia to build maritime, fisheries center in Nunukan: Minister
- Alleged terrorists wanted to make Halmahera new Poso: Police
- One killed, six injured in Bali boat collision
- Ahok to ensure adequate health services for Jakartans
- Jokowi to inaugurate center of Islam of the Archipelago
- Divers clean up Bali reefs