The Jakarta Post
The highly acclaimed Indonesian novel Ronggeng Dukuh Paruk (The Dancer from Paruk Village) tells the life and love of a traditional dancer. Penned by Ahmad Tohari, it was made into a film titled Darah dan Mahkota Ronggeng (The Blood and Crown of A Dancer) in 1983.
Courtesy of Salto FilmsDirected by Yazman Yazid and starring Ray Sahetapy and Enny Beatrice, the film received harsh criticism becau...
- Indonesia's tough stance causes headache for tuna exporters
- Indonesia ready for Freeport tribunal
- Millenials ask Jokowi questions, their way
- Ministry to scrap expiry date for SIUP, TDP
- BNN shoots dead drug trafficker in Medan
- Madiun mayor charged with multiple counts of graft
- Rampant corruption in villages caused by incompetence: ICW
- Hizbut Tahrir rejects rules on Friday sermons
- Lotte Chemical to kick off Cilegon project in 2018
- Six inmates escape Abepura prison