Glittering stars from troubled, resource-rich land
Damar Harsanto and Niken Prathivi
The Jakarta Post
The SEA Games continue to feature more positive aspects of resource-rich Papua, in contrast to the recent stream of negative news surrounding prolonged violence, infighting and industrial strike action in the province.
Unfancied Papuan sprinter Franklin Ramses Burumi turned spectators’ heads after winning his second gold of the Games in the prestigious men’s 200-meters sprint on Monday....
- Thousands protest in Jakarta against Trump's Jerusalem move
- "Where are the trees?," Jokowi slams green programs
- Indonesia seeks to impose import duties on intangible goods
- Indonesia to voice developmental concerns at WTO conference
- Major recall of Lactalis baby milk over salmonella fears
- Lippo to hold rights issue in first quarter of 2018
- Saudi Arabia hails Iraq victory over IS
- Potatoes for peace: how the humble tuber stopped conflict in Europe
- Three suspected terrorists arrested in East Java
- Celebs sleep rough to raise money for Scotland's homeless