Glittering stars from troubled, resource-rich land
Damar Harsanto and Niken Prathivi
The Jakarta Post
The SEA Games continue to feature more positive aspects of resource-rich Papua, in contrast to the recent stream of negative news surrounding prolonged violence, infighting and industrial strike action in the province.
Unfancied Papuan sprinter Franklin Ramses Burumi turned spectators’ heads after winning his second gold of the Games in the prestigious men’s 200-meters sprint on Monday....
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash