Glittering stars from troubled, resource-rich land
Damar Harsanto and Niken Prathivi
The Jakarta Post
The SEA Games continue to feature more positive aspects of resource-rich Papua, in contrast to the recent stream of negative news surrounding prolonged violence, infighting and industrial strike action in the province.
Unfancied Papuan sprinter Franklin Ramses Burumi turned spectators’ heads after winning his second gold of the Games in the prestigious men’s 200-meters sprint on Monday....
- Rizieq wants to go home after being questioned in Saudi
- SEA Games Malaysia: Agus Prayogo wins men’s marathon silver
- Golkar to announce candidates for 2018 regional elections this month
- 'Wiro Sableng 212' strives to define Indonesian films
- Anambas Islands to finish airport expansion in September
- Jokowi signs election bill into law
- SM Entertainment releases statement over Taeyeon's airport incident
- Aceh highlights traditional cuisine to promote halal tourism
- South Korean national involved in fatal crash in South Jakarta
- Lombok to host Ampenan Old Town Cultural Festival