Glittering stars from troubled, resource-rich land
Damar Harsanto and Niken Prathivi
The Jakarta Post
The SEA Games continue to feature more positive aspects of resource-rich Papua, in contrast to the recent stream of negative news surrounding prolonged violence, infighting and industrial strike action in the province.
Unfancied Papuan sprinter Franklin Ramses Burumi turned spectators’ heads after winning his second gold of the Games in the prestigious men’s 200-meters sprint on Monday....
- Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
- Snake eats human in Sulawesi, under pressure of deforestation: Expert
- EDITORIAL: Separating faith and state
- Indonesia, France talk about palm oil and aircraft industry
- Police ready to handle large anti-Ahok rally this week
- Fears for Indonesian park's rare species as Trump town rises
- Ahok's controversial speech not aimed at wooing voters: Expert
- Lion Air co-founder awarded Légion d'Honneur
- Police call on protesters to stay away from election-related political issues
- West Nusa Tenggara governor named special envoy for breastfeeding