Editorial: US base? NIMBY
The Jakarta Post
US President Barack Obama dropped a bombshell on the eve of his visit to Indonesia where he will be attending the East Asia Summit (EAS). He announced a deal with Australia that would practically turn the port city of Darwin into a US military base.
For Indonesia, or for most Southeast Asian nations for that matter, the move is not exactly the kind of signal that they are looking for in te...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students