Editorial: US base? NIMBY
The Jakarta Post
US President Barack Obama dropped a bombshell on the eve of his visit to Indonesia where he will be attending the East Asia Summit (EAS). He announced a deal with Australia that would practically turn the port city of Darwin into a US military base.
For Indonesia, or for most Southeast Asian nations for that matter, the move is not exactly the kind of signal that they are looking for in te...
- Jokowi orders police to gun down foreign drug traffickers
- Bumi subsidiary to gain big from NFC deal: Analyst
- Justin Bieber's Indonesia concert rumors heat up following media reports
- Indonesia condemns Israeli crackdown on holy mosque
- Pertamina pledges firm actions against ‘recalcitrant’ LPG distributors
- Private investors called on to help supply electricity to villages
- High-tech mystery: Is a Facebook phone in the works?
- Waste bank gives Cengkareng residents extra income
- Dali's trademark moustache intact at '10 past 10'
- Cruise company to offer trips to Makassar, Semarang