Editorial: US base? NIMBY
The Jakarta Post
US President Barack Obama dropped a bombshell on the eve of his visit to Indonesia where he will be attending the East Asia Summit (EAS). He announced a deal with Australia that would practically turn the port city of Darwin into a US military base.
For Indonesia, or for most Southeast Asian nations for that matter, the move is not exactly the kind of signal that they are looking for in te...
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Indonesian hard-liners again turn up heat on Ahmadis
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Official Jakarta election results to be announced Sunday
- Iraq hopes to reclaim heritage lost to Islamic State group
- Obama returns to Broadway to see Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Plan to execute death row inmates still on: AGO
- Jokowi warns investment board to keep rivalry mindset, speed