Police probe orangutan killing
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: The National Police Criminal Investigation Division (Bareskrim) has sent its special crimes detention unit to East Kalimantan to investigate the killing of Morio orangutans, which allegedly occurred at an oil palm plantation in Kutai Kartanegara Regency.
The plantation belongs to PT Khaleda Agroprima Malindo, a branch of Malaysia-based Metro Kajang Holdings Bhd.
- Soekarno–Hatta International Airport Skytrain is officially launched
- 19 Jambi pilgrims die of 'natural causes' during haj
- Mount Agung activity on the rise: Agency
- EDITORIAL: Death of free speech
- The Pirate Bay mined cryptocurrency by ‘borrowing’ visitors’ CPU
- Fishermen, including from Indonesia, 'kept like slaves' in Taiwan
- Parent sends open letter to Jokowi, seeking justice for son’s death
- Regtech, legal tech firms join forces in IRLA
- Bogor Police exhumes body of ‘gladiator fight’ victim for autopsy
- Slum dwellers’ homes in Surakarta to be upgraded