Police probe orangutan killing
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: The National Police Criminal Investigation Division (Bareskrim) has sent its special crimes detention unit to East Kalimantan to investigate the killing of Morio orangutans, which allegedly occurred at an oil palm plantation in Kutai Kartanegara Regency.
The plantation belongs to PT Khaleda Agroprima Malindo, a branch of Malaysia-based Metro Kajang Holdings Bhd.
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion
- Only 40 percent of Indonesians can afford to buy a house: Sri Mulyani
- PLN expedites financial closure of Tanjung Jati B power plant expansion
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year