East Java to shut down all red-light districts by 2014
The Jakarta Post
Numbered days: A government officer checks the identity card of a sex worker at Dolly, Surabaya's red light district in this December file photo. (Antara)Last year’s plan by Surabaya’s municipal administration to close down Dolly, one of the most notorious red-light districts in Southeast Asia, has yet to make any progress due to the concerns of those affected.
Prostitutes, pimps and ot...
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews