East Java to shut down all red-light districts by 2014
The Jakarta Post
Numbered days: A government officer checks the identity card of a sex worker at Dolly, Surabaya's red light district in this December file photo. (Antara)Last year’s plan by Surabaya’s municipal administration to close down Dolly, one of the most notorious red-light districts in Southeast Asia, has yet to make any progress due to the concerns of those affected.
Prostitutes, pimps and ot...
- Noose tightens around FPI leader
- Pinot competes with Beyonce in annual social media awards
- Businessman detained for tax evasion
- Anti graft body may detain ex-Garuda Indonesia CEO on Rolls Royce deals
- Three Indonesians kidnapped by Abu Sayyaf
- Police ban transgender cultural event in South Sulawesi
- Restaurant presents live penguins as part of conservation program
- Protesters make their mark on Trump's inauguration
- Asia’s most and least powerful passports
- 2NE1 to say ‘Good Bye’ to their fans