Batam minimum wage raised to Rp 1.31 million
The Jakarta Post
Riau Islands Governor Muhammad Sani has raised the minimum monthly wage (UMK) in Batam by 10 percent to Rp 1.31 million (US$144.1), while dropping several taxes that have improved living standards in the city.
The new wage is well below workers’ requests for Rp 1.76 million a month and higher than business association demands of Rp 1.26 million.
Sani announced the increase at a pre...
- Indonesia’s U-16 inch closer to AFC berth after beating Thailand 1-0
- Schools facing closure after allowing students to take part in 'gladiator fight': Komnas Anak
- SOEs urged to accelerate development of Kuala Tanjung industrial park
- Auditor arrested for Harley Davidson gift
- Muslims celebrate Islamic New Year to promote tolerance
- Police arrest two suspects allegedly involved in high school “gladiator” fight
- Trump's threat akin to `sound of a dog barking': North Korea
- Hot new talent to light up Milan Fashion Week
- Indonesian FM Retno Marsudi receives UN Agent of Change award
- Turkey, Iran and Iraq warn of 'counter-measures' against Kurdistan referendum