Batam minimum wage raised to Rp 1.31 million
The Jakarta Post
Riau Islands Governor Muhammad Sani has raised the minimum monthly wage (UMK) in Batam by 10 percent to Rp 1.31 million (US$144.1), while dropping several taxes that have improved living standards in the city.
The new wage is well below workers’ requests for Rp 1.76 million a month and higher than business association demands of Rp 1.26 million.
Sani announced the increase at a pre...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- Britain's Prince William on historic trip to Israel and West Bank
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens