Batam minimum wage raised to Rp 1.31 million
The Jakarta Post
Riau Islands Governor Muhammad Sani has raised the minimum monthly wage (UMK) in Batam by 10 percent to Rp 1.31 million (US$144.1), while dropping several taxes that have improved living standards in the city.
The new wage is well below workers’ requests for Rp 1.76 million a month and higher than business association demands of Rp 1.26 million.
Sani announced the increase at a pre...
- Agnez Mo announces collaboration with Chris Brown
- Flights to Bali fall by 30 percent: Inaca
- Apartment construction work blamed for floods in Central Jakarta
- Garcia Marquez archive now accessible online
- Setya's pretrial hearing adjourned until Thursday
- Thousands of passengers stuck as ‘angkot’ drivers strike
- Five cadets found guilty of murder
- Urban problems worsening this year: LBH Jakarta
- Garuda Indonesia signs 10-year contract extension with GMF
- Most pumps work well, says agency on Jakarta's recent floods