Batam minimum wage raised to Rp 1.31 million
The Jakarta Post
Riau Islands Governor Muhammad Sani has raised the minimum monthly wage (UMK) in Batam by 10 percent to Rp 1.31 million (US$144.1), while dropping several taxes that have improved living standards in the city.
The new wage is well below workers’ requests for Rp 1.76 million a month and higher than business association demands of Rp 1.26 million.
Sani announced the increase at a pre...
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash