Batam minimum wage raised to Rp 1.31 million
The Jakarta Post
Riau Islands Governor Muhammad Sani has raised the minimum monthly wage (UMK) in Batam by 10 percent to Rp 1.31 million (US$144.1), while dropping several taxes that have improved living standards in the city.
The new wage is well below workers’ requests for Rp 1.76 million a month and higher than business association demands of Rp 1.26 million.
Sani announced the increase at a pre...
- Indonesia prepares company to manage Freeport
- Rihanna is named Harvard University Humanitarian of the Year
- Bandung terrorist suspect was 'recidivist': Police
- Freeport needs to stand up to Indonesia over the CoW issue
- NGO urges King Salman not to forget his promises to crane victims
- Indonesian woman shocked to find kidney had been removed after working in Qatar
- Indonesia can embrace clean energy amid cheaper renewables, says UK climate envoy
- Philippine militants release video of German's beheading
- Anies, Ahok to face off in second round: KPU Jakarta
- 12 petitions against election results filed