Batam minimum wage raised to Rp 1.31 million
The Jakarta Post
Riau Islands Governor Muhammad Sani has raised the minimum monthly wage (UMK) in Batam by 10 percent to Rp 1.31 million (US$144.1), while dropping several taxes that have improved living standards in the city.
The new wage is well below workers’ requests for Rp 1.76 million a month and higher than business association demands of Rp 1.26 million.
Sani announced the increase at a pre...
- Sri Mulyani criticizes poor budget planning by government institutions
- Clooneys donate $500,000 to student gun reform march
- Indonesia prepares four fiscal incentives to boost investment
- Qatar Airways receives world’s first Airbus A350-1000
- Q&A: What you need to know about Ahok's case review petition
- Minister to evaluate Waskita’s board of directors over accident
- Dua Lipa to grace Asian stages in May
- Dementia clearly linked to chronic boozing: Study
- Seven lesser-known dive areas in Indonesia
- Jokowi redeems Metallica double-LP set from KPK