Batam minimum wage raised to Rp 1.31 million
The Jakarta Post
Riau Islands Governor Muhammad Sani has raised the minimum monthly wage (UMK) in Batam by 10 percent to Rp 1.31 million (US$144.1), while dropping several taxes that have improved living standards in the city.
The new wage is well below workers’ requests for Rp 1.76 million a month and higher than business association demands of Rp 1.26 million.
Sani announced the increase at a pre...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Plagiarism: What can we learn from Afi's case
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- Minister Susi rejects idea to auction off confiscated fishing boats