Batam minimum wage raised to Rp 1.31 million
The Jakarta Post
Riau Islands Governor Muhammad Sani has raised the minimum monthly wage (UMK) in Batam by 10 percent to Rp 1.31 million (US$144.1), while dropping several taxes that have improved living standards in the city.
The new wage is well below workers’ requests for Rp 1.76 million a month and higher than business association demands of Rp 1.26 million.
Sani announced the increase at a pre...
- Pharmaceutical industry grows by 7.5 percent to $5b
- Jokowi’s short meeting with Kendeng farmers ends in tears
- Indonesia urged to settle dispute amid Freeport workers' outcry
- Era of selling natural resources has ended: Jokowi
- State mining companies ready to take over Freeport
- Baby 'carrying baby' to undergo surgery at NTB hospital
- Ahok focuses on online campaign in second round
- KPK names Andi Narogong a suspect in e-ID graft case
- Prominent Indonesian journalist Ahmad Taufik dies
- One-fuel price policy to be implemented in more regions