Batam minimum wage raised to Rp 1.31 million
The Jakarta Post
Riau Islands Governor Muhammad Sani has raised the minimum monthly wage (UMK) in Batam by 10 percent to Rp 1.31 million (US$144.1), while dropping several taxes that have improved living standards in the city.
The new wage is well below workers’ requests for Rp 1.76 million a month and higher than business association demands of Rp 1.26 million.
Sani announced the increase at a pre...
- Setya Novanto e-ID graft case timeline
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event
- Don't panic, minister says as rupiah weakens
- Man dies of exhaustion on South Jakarta road
- Maria Simorangkir crowned Indonesian Idol 2018
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Rp 1 trillion invested through Bareksa digital investment portal
- Big secrets, bumper box-office for 'Avengers: Infinity War'