Batam minimum wage raised to Rp 1.31 million
The Jakarta Post
Riau Islands Governor Muhammad Sani has raised the minimum monthly wage (UMK) in Batam by 10 percent to Rp 1.31 million (US$144.1), while dropping several taxes that have improved living standards in the city.
The new wage is well below workers’ requests for Rp 1.76 million a month and higher than business association demands of Rp 1.26 million.
Sani announced the increase at a pre...
- Telkomsel website hacked
- Lame-duck Ahok sees mounting defiance
- Long marches against Ahok to continue
- KPK says it will stick to rules over investigation confidentiality
- Elephant kills tour owner in Klungkung
- KPK summons Quran procurement graft suspect
- US economic growth weakened to 0.7 percent in first quarter
- Sharp Indonesia introduces new 12kg capacity washing machines
- Golkar says corrupt cadres harm political targets
- Private lender CIMB Niaga sees Q1 net profit soar 138 percent