Batam minimum wage raised to Rp 1.31 million
The Jakarta Post
Riau Islands Governor Muhammad Sani has raised the minimum monthly wage (UMK) in Batam by 10 percent to Rp 1.31 million (US$144.1), while dropping several taxes that have improved living standards in the city.
The new wage is well below workers’ requests for Rp 1.76 million a month and higher than business association demands of Rp 1.26 million.
Sani announced the increase at a pre...
- Students illegally worked overtime at Apple supplier
- Jakarta to give Rp 1.6 trillion to mass organizations, religious institutions
- Several villages hit by volcanic ash after Mt. Agung erupts in Bali
- Bandung man arrested for insulting Jokowi, Iriana on Facebook
- Karawang sets highest minimum wage in Indonesia
- 'Marlina' redefines women’s strength through polar extremes
- Government should turn attention to human resources development
- OK OCE budget set at Rp 82 billion
- Shoppers go on buying binge at Matahari store in West Jakarta
- Singapore's Mt. Agung travel advisory `excessive': BNPB