Batam minimum wage raised to Rp 1.31 million
The Jakarta Post
Riau Islands Governor Muhammad Sani has raised the minimum monthly wage (UMK) in Batam by 10 percent to Rp 1.31 million (US$144.1), while dropping several taxes that have improved living standards in the city.
The new wage is well below workers’ requests for Rp 1.76 million a month and higher than business association demands of Rp 1.26 million.
Sani announced the increase at a pre...
- Chinese tourists just can't get enough of Thailand
- Report unveils Muslim Cyber Army’s modus, purpose
- Japan condom makers hope for 2020 Olympic lift
- PRS admits to selling expired food
- LGBT people face uphill battle for rights
- EDITORIAL: Critical look at govt debt
- Indonesian film 'Kartini' screened at the UN in New York
- WhatsApp co-founder says it’s about time Facebook was deleted
- Indonesia, Singapore jointly open Nongsa Digital Park in Batam
- Indonesia to expand domestic biodiesel use