Painting pioneer a living treasure
Epic: Ni Made Suciarmi's classic Kamasan painting depicts a story from the MahabharataThe Kamasan ceiling paintings in the Klungkung Palace’s Kertha Gosa pavilions direct people to a life of honesty.
There is a slow rhythmic swish as artist Ni Made Suciarmi grinds red and yellow ochre into pigments.
Outside the Sangging village studio in Kamasan, Klungkung, a sign reads “Ni Made...
- Indonesia extends export recommendation for Freeport
- Jakarta-Bandung railway project won’t meet target: Minister
- Jakarta prepares traffic strategy for Asian Games
- Mt. Sinabung spews massive smoke-and-ash column
- Anti-LGBT team established in Depok
- Supreme Court receives Ahok’s case review petition
- Visitors flock to Kopi Johny to talk to Hotman Paris Hutapea about legal matters
- Myanmar seizes drugs and equipment worth $7 m in lab raid
- Tearful French skater's 'worst nightmare' after dress mishap
- Online shops offer ‘Black Panther’-inspired ‘baju koko’