Painting pioneer a living treasure
Epic: Ni Made Suciarmi's classic Kamasan painting depicts a story from the MahabharataThe Kamasan ceiling paintings in the Klungkung Palace’s Kertha Gosa pavilions direct people to a life of honesty.
There is a slow rhythmic swish as artist Ni Made Suciarmi grinds red and yellow ochre into pigments.
Outside the Sangging village studio in Kamasan, Klungkung, a sign reads “Ni Made...
- Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
- Snake eats human in Sulawesi, under pressure of deforestation: Expert
- EDITORIAL: Separating faith and state
- Indonesia, France talk about palm oil and aircraft industry
- Police ready to handle large anti-Ahok rally this week
- Fears for Indonesian park's rare species as Trump town rises
- Ahok's controversial speech not aimed at wooing voters: Expert
- Police call on protesters to stay away from election-related political issues
- West Nusa Tenggara governor named special envoy for breastfeeding
- Lion Air co-founder awarded Légion d'Honneur