Painting pioneer a living treasure
Epic: Ni Made Suciarmi's classic Kamasan painting depicts a story from the MahabharataThe Kamasan ceiling paintings in the Klungkung Palace’s Kertha Gosa pavilions direct people to a life of honesty.
There is a slow rhythmic swish as artist Ni Made Suciarmi grinds red and yellow ochre into pigments.
Outside the Sangging village studio in Kamasan, Klungkung, a sign reads “Ni Made...
- 8 Chinese New Year dishes and their meaning
- 35,000 MW program achievable by 2021: DEN
- Ahok in lead, followed by Anies, Agus after debate: Pollster
- Trump’s shadow over Freeport won’t bend Indonesia
- Singapore urged to speed up immigration checks for Indonesians
- FPI leader calls for withdrawal of banknotes with ‘communist symbol’
- Police step up investigation into graft case involving Sylviana Murni
- Fertilizer factory worth $1.5b to be developed in Papua
- Government should punish violent groups while also preserving democracy: Expert
- Police urged to be more critical in handling public reports