A vibrant year for the film industry
The Jakarta Post
The Mirror Never Lies. JP/SET Film/WWFHollywood films were nowhere to be seen at local cineplex movie theaters for months, while the Indonesian Film Festival got a facelift and Piala Vidia was back after missing for five years.
For movie enthusiasts, one of the most shocking events this year was the absence of imported movies from Indonesian cinemas around midyear, following a dispute betw...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- Britain's Prince William on historic trip to Israel and West Bank
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens