Surakarta offers car-free night
The Jakarta Post
People in Surakarta (commonly known as Solo) will have to think twice before deciding to celebrate New Year’s Eve by parading through the streets in their cars.
The people will not be able to parade through the streets in their cars while sounding the horns loudly because the municipality, which received the Blue Sky Award from the Environment Ministry last week as a large city with the c...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- SHORT STORY: Love as sweet as poison
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business
- China overtakes Indonesia as Singapore's top market for tourists
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- AGO stops investigation into Grand Indonesia's alleged state losses