RI orders 3 submarines worth $1b in regional ‘catch-up’
Novan Iman Santosa
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia’s signing of a contract to procure three submarines from a South Korean company is an effort to keep pace with other countries in the region.
The order will more than double Indonesia’s existing fleet of two submarines; the KRI Cakra and KRI Nenggala.
Andi Widjajanto from the University of Indonesia, told the The Jakarta Post that ordering three submarines was not enou...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- House lawmaker supports rupiah redenomination
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Sleman promotes batik with Sleman Creative Award 2017