RI orders 3 submarines worth $1b in regional ‘catch-up’
Novan Iman Santosa
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia’s signing of a contract to procure three submarines from a South Korean company is an effort to keep pace with other countries in the region.
The order will more than double Indonesia’s existing fleet of two submarines; the KRI Cakra and KRI Nenggala.
Andi Widjajanto from the University of Indonesia, told the The Jakarta Post that ordering three submarines was not enou...
- Rihanna is named Harvard University Humanitarian of the Year
- Indonesia prepares company to manage Freeport
- Bandung terrorist suspect was 'recidivist': Police
- Freeport needs to stand up to Indonesia over the CoW issue
- NGO urges King Salman not to forget his promises to crane victims
- Philippine militants release video of German's beheading
- Indonesian woman shocked to find kidney had been removed after working in Qatar
- Anies, Ahok to face off in second round: KPU Jakarta
- Indonesia can embrace clean energy amid cheaper renewables, says UK climate envoy
- Six ways to identify an authentic Padang restaurant