RI orders 3 submarines worth $1b in regional ‘catch-up’
Novan Iman Santosa
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia’s signing of a contract to procure three submarines from a South Korean company is an effort to keep pace with other countries in the region.
The order will more than double Indonesia’s existing fleet of two submarines; the KRI Cakra and KRI Nenggala.
Andi Widjajanto from the University of Indonesia, told the The Jakarta Post that ordering three submarines was not enou...
- The life lessons of ‘Goblin'
- Theater show about Maluku's Run Island to be performed in New York
- Domestic finance won't cost the Earth
- Mercedes-Benz begins local assembly of CKD E-Class
- Mother of deceased UII student files police report over alleged bullying
- PLN gives Pertamina more time in Java 1 project
- No Thousand Islands resident listening took offense: Ahok's cameraman
- Indonesian seafarer’s death highlights Taiwan interpreter shortage
- Eyewitness refuses to conclude Ahok committed blasphemy
- Newly-wedded Korean idols Rain, Kim Tae Hee arrive in Bali for honeymoon