BPK audit ends with anticlimax
Rendi A. Witular
The Jakarta Post
A two-year political tussle over the controversy surrounding the Bank Century bailout is likely to end in an anticlimax as a second-round audit by the Supreme Audit Agency (BPK) found no trace of President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono’s inner circle profiting from the bailout.
The BPK’s forensic audit, which was carried out over a six-month period following a request from the House of Repre...
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Frenchman breaks new record for sailing solo around the world
- Trump team claims Mueller 'unlawfully' collected emails
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president
- 'Titanic' keeps that sinking feeling alive, 20 years on
- In Jordan, Iraqi Christians dream of fresh start abroad
- All work and no play leads to burnout, says new study