‘Lavish’ New Year celebrations banned in Aceh
The Jakarta Post
Many people in Aceh intend to enjoy New Year’s Eve in their own way despite the local authorities’ usual ban on celebrations.
The Aceh administration, which has implemented sharia since 2002, has banned New Year’s Eve celebrations in any form including using fireworks, holding open-air music concerts or blowing trumpets.
But for Irma, who admitted to not knowing about the ban, ...
- Freeport vehicles shot at by unidentified assailants
- Drone captures widened crater fracture on Mt Agung
- Another coin-tossing elderly Chinese causes flight chaos
- Soekarno-Hatta to open ride-hailing transport booths
- JFW 2018 to feature South Korean brands, singer
- Could Weinstein face trial? The mogul's legal woes
- Japan to hold ‘ninja certification’ test in Tokyo
- Jokowi inaugurates Mandalika economic zone
- Setya dodges KPK summons yet again
- Sidewalk development in North Jakarta has reached 45% completion