‘Lavish’ New Year celebrations banned in Aceh
The Jakarta Post
Many people in Aceh intend to enjoy New Year’s Eve in their own way despite the local authorities’ usual ban on celebrations.
The Aceh administration, which has implemented sharia since 2002, has banned New Year’s Eve celebrations in any form including using fireworks, holding open-air music concerts or blowing trumpets.
But for Irma, who admitted to not knowing about the ban, ...
- BTS’ ‘DNA’ enters Billboard’s 100 Best Songs of 2017
- Indonesian court rejects petition to outlaw premarital, gay sex
- Bali still safe for tourists: Governor
- Court ruling on extramarital, gay sex draws mixed reactions from netizens
- Indonesia under threat of deviant sexual practices: IPB professor
- Quebec probes ban on women at construction sites near mosques
- Indonesia's asbestos 'time bomb'
- City council building façade bulges out causing closure of footpath
- Pertamina to upgrade 3 refineries for processing sour crude oil
- Contemporary Minang dance praised in Vienna