‘Lavish’ New Year celebrations banned in Aceh
The Jakarta Post
Many people in Aceh intend to enjoy New Year’s Eve in their own way despite the local authorities’ usual ban on celebrations.
The Aceh administration, which has implemented sharia since 2002, has banned New Year’s Eve celebrations in any form including using fireworks, holding open-air music concerts or blowing trumpets.
But for Irma, who admitted to not knowing about the ban, ...
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- Florida cities are most at risk from climate change: Report