‘Lavish’ New Year celebrations banned in Aceh
The Jakarta Post
Many people in Aceh intend to enjoy New Year’s Eve in their own way despite the local authorities’ usual ban on celebrations.
The Aceh administration, which has implemented sharia since 2002, has banned New Year’s Eve celebrations in any form including using fireworks, holding open-air music concerts or blowing trumpets.
But for Irma, who admitted to not knowing about the ban, ...
- House inquiry team to meet National Police to ‘straighten things out’
- Piaggio Indonesia poised strongly against Honda's challenge
- East Jakarta robbery gang well managed: Police
- Ahok faces threats in Cipinang prison: Warden
- Prosecutors in e-ID case demand former Home Ministry officials be jailed
- Police to make sketch of Novel Baswedan attacker
- Sragen Police discover thousands of pills in Central Java house
- Ariana Grande to perform across Asia this year
- Images: A quest to create a comfortable city
- Police question witnesses following Kerobokan prison escape