Retno L.P. Marsudi: Going Dutch
The Jakarta Post
Courtesy of Retno L.P. MarsudiThe scent of shredded pandanus leaves was in the air and the soothing sounds of gamelan were playing on her desktop. That rainy Monday afternoon, Retno L.P. Marsudi sat down in her cozy office on the second floor of the Foreign Affairs Ministry building on Jl. Pejambon in Central Jakarta.
“I’m a real Javanese woman — hence the pandanus fragrance and the ...
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- Costly holiday
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official
- Everest's Hillary Step now a 'slope': Climber