New legislative threshold could create a tyranny of parties
Prolonged debates concerning a legislative threshold (PT) between medium-size and big political parties are truly a paradox.
The government’s proposal to increase the threshold to 4 percent, up from the current 2.5 percent, has only gained support from three major parties — the Democratic Party, Golkar Party and Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P) — which combined, receive...
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Mamma Mia! British star Colin Firth is now Italian
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Car Free Day ineffective in reducing air pollution: Committee
- Travel fair to boost Garuda’s business
- Supermodel reunion at blockbuster Versace tribute in Milan