New legislative threshold could create a tyranny of parties
Prolonged debates concerning a legislative threshold (PT) between medium-size and big political parties are truly a paradox.
The government’s proposal to increase the threshold to 4 percent, up from the current 2.5 percent, has only gained support from three major parties — the Democratic Party, Golkar Party and Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P) — which combined, receive...
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Government to set new coal price formula next week
- Indonesia to hand over 2m ha of forest land to locals: Minister
- Jakarta-Bandung high speed train fares may reach Rp 500,000
- Could the Swedish trend of ‘plogging’ help you get fit in 2018?
- 3 factories on Bekasi riverbank do not have permit to dispose of liquid waste